House Minority Leader slams the Capitol Police for their ‘outrageous’ attack on the Office of the Vice President (Video)

After the brutal attack on House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, the Capitol police violently attacked the protesters, resulting in at least six people needing medical attention and two being injured.

“This is outrageous.

This is outrageous,” Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., told reporters on Capitol Hill.

“They were completely out of control, totally violent.

The police officers were out of their minds.”

He added, “This was not a spontaneous protest.

This was an organized assault.

They should not be allowed to get away with this.”

On Monday, Rep. Gwen Moore, D, Wisconsin, called the attack “an outrage.”

“The Capitol Police are disgraceful,” Moore said.

“These officers who are out there, we know how dangerous they are.”

The Capitol Police, who have a reputation for being brutal, are not only the face of Capitol security, but also have a direct line to President Donald Trump, who reportedly visited the Capitol on Tuesday and spoke to the officers in private.

“We have a very close relationship with the White House,” said Capitol Police spokesman Lt.

Paul Bresson.

“There are protocols in place for them to come in and interact with the Capitol, and the president came to visit us on Tuesday, which was very important.”

The attack on Scalise is a major blow to the president, who has been accused of making false and inflammatory statements since the shooting, including blaming the president’s political opponents for his death.

Trump has defended the attack on Capitol police officers, but has not yet spoken directly about the incident.

On Monday evening, Trump tweeted, “Very sad to see the safety and well-being of our Capitol Police Officers compromised by this cowardly act.

The Capitol must never again be used as a staging ground for terrorists.”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Tuesday.

Scalise was shot in the neck by a Capitol Police officer in the hallway of the Capitol.

He was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

According to the Washington Post, Scalise’s wife and two children were in the Capitol at the time.

Scalises office was placed on lockdown while Capitol Police investigated.

The Office of Special Counsel is investigating the shooting and will release its findings later this week.

Related Post