Microsoft is not unknown to people using computers, as the first operating system with user-friendly UI was Microsoft’s Windows operating system. Today the company is more than what it was at its inception.
Today the company not only has an operating system, but offers are bouquet of services to its users ranging from Email to Gaming. But how do you decide as whom specific is a user and how would one access all these services? The answer is – a Microsoft Account.
Microsoft offers services like – Outlook, Office, Skype, OneDrive, Xbox Live, Bing, Store, Windows, or MSN. The Microsoft account is a one key pass to all the mentioned products and services. It lets you manage all of these services through a single window.
The Account helps you manage and keep a note on your subscription, and availed services and also win rewards! You can seamlessly sync all your data and service across your devices may it be through your PC, iOS devices or even android phones. So to get everything in one place, you must use a Microsoft Account.
Related >> How to setup Microsoft Remote Desktop? Follow this guide
So, everyone who uses at least one of the above mentioned services has a Microsoft account. But if you plan to avail any services, you will have to sign-up for a new Microsoft account. So if you don’t have a Microsoft account let’s learn how to sign up for one!
How to Sign up for a Microsoft Account
- Visit account.microsoft.com
- Click on “Create a Microsoft account”
- You will be taken to signup.live.com
- Here you will have two options, first is to use your existing email address, or use a phone number to sign up. But if you do not want to use either one, you can click on the third link which reads “Get a new email address”
- The type the username that you want to use and select “outlook.com” or “hotmail.com” as your email domain name and then click on “Next”
- Then carefully enter a password that you can remember and click on “Next”.
- Here you will be prompted to enter alphabets that are in weird or crooked form so that it is made sure that a real human is creating an account.
- You’re done! You have successfully created a Microsoft Account.
How to sync your Microsoft account with Windows 10
Now that you have created a Microsoft account, you can also sync it with your new Windows PC running Windows 10 operating system. There are high chances that you have not signed in with your Microsoft account on your new PC. So to sync your PC or laptop settings with your purchases and services it is important to connect your Windows 10 machine with your Microsoft account. So here is how to do that.
- Click “start” or windows logo on the left hand bottom corner on your screen
- Click on “Settings” and then “Accounts” and then click on “Your Info” (your info could also be displayed as “Email and Accounts”)
- Now select “sign in with Microsoft account” (this option will be visible only if you are not using a Microsoft Account)
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- You will be notified when the sync is complete, usually does not take more time only a minute or so.
Now that you have learned how to create a Microsoft account, you can use all its products and service and manage them all from one dashboard.